Monday, May 26, 2008

A chance encounter




2007 is an eventful year. I quit a job I hated, applause is called for here, clap, clap, hooray. The culture of the work place stifles individuality and creativity. You have to play to the right politics, subject to the whims of the higher ups and hang out with groups to scheme and stab people in the back. It was horrible. But then again, I had no regrets having worked there for six years. I developed my survival skills, and learned to go within for power. This self-reliance turned out to be an important asset, as I spread my wings to embrace the present and the future.

The second Pastel b. card was sent to a dear friend very close to my heart, on her birthday. She resides in Japan now, with an adorable baby girl called Leigh. I met my chere amie, Pascale, in a chance encounter during the early days of the job I had quit. This encounter has blossomed into a beautiful friendship and I am happy to announce that we are working together on several projects.

I have opened my consulting company, Jamie & Co. in January 2008. Along with three like-minded friends and partners, we will be pre-launching a wedding planner service, ai wedding in a few months. Plus, a new brand of high quality, semi-handmade baby clothes, Petit enjel, will be launched in days to come. All these exciting ventures, had an undeniable link to this chance encounter I had bumped into six years ago.

Merci, ma chere amie, for designing my Jamie & Co. logo, our ai wedding logo et finalement a toast to the success of the launch of Petit enjel. To more future collaborations et joie de vivre.




2 comments:

pascale said...

I am honored to be mentioned.
Our friendship is a rare one.
I don't think I will meet many people like you along my life from here. Making 'good' friends is not longer easy as it used to be so I am blessed to have you as my dear one.

May our exciting ventures bloom liek our friendship!

bonnie said...

The feeling is mutual :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails