Friday, May 30, 2008

Christianing

I made a card last night. I picked up the water color pencils and started coloring a swath of shades to use. After ten years, my brushes were christianed, when they touch the first droplets of water and gave life to the penciled color. The soft pastel colors rose before me, and a thrill of joy enveloped my whole being. I haven't felt so in tune with myself for a long time.

As I waited for the paper to dry, I rumaged in the box containing all the paraphernalia of card making, and found a piece of laced ribbon and a small bag of clear beads. Armed with my find, I happily went to check the paper and saw that the edges had curled up, a sign that they had dried and ready for use. I chose a piece of very light grey paper and began my first stitch....

I always start with the border first. As the thread pulls through the paper, I could feel the paper resisting a little, but stretching at the same time, to graciously let the magic of creating begin. The needle is akin to a wand now, and is sprinkling magical dusts all over the paper. The design gradually took form and with a bit of odd lace, beads and silver thread, a card is born, and christianed.

2 comments:

pascale said...

oh so pretty! :D

bonnie said...

thank you!! hope there'll be more inspirations :p

Related Posts with Thumbnails