Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Women

(Photo : www. AllMoviePhoto.com)



The Women, starring Meg Ryan and Annette Benning....

It 's been a while since I have watched a movie with Meg Ryan, a favorite actress of mine, on the big screen. I remember her fondly in the roles of "When Harry Met Sally", "You've Got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle". I also like Annette Benning a lot, coz she is so beautiful and elegant. When the DVD came out, I rented it.

The storyline is nothing new. One of the girlfriend's husband has an affair and the movie revolves around on how she deals with the betrayal, with the rally of her best friends around her. I guess the best part of the movie is the emphasis on the bonding between 2 best friends, and how, losing the best friend hurts more than finding out about a cheating husband, because your friend is someone you trust that you could fall back on when things go wrong. Since it is a comedy, it has a happy ending.

The funniest part is that there are no male leads, not even the husband who cheated in question. The most you get that he existed is from the phone calls he supposedly made to his wife. This is an all female cast, with Candice Bergen and Bette Midler, too. I don't think I gave too much away with this post, but girls, you should rent it. It would boost up your girl power!!

4 comments:

pascale said...

I will definitely check it out! Thanks!!
p.s. Meg Ryan is one of my fav actresses too! I loooooove 'You've got mail'. Sometimes I wish I had a sweet little shop just like hers in the movie.

josephine said...

我會嘗試找這套戲看一看, 近年我越來越不喜歡看愛情片,原因係我知道,所有劇情內會發生的愛情,在現實都不會發生,因此無興趣再睇;反而對一些友情的電影較有興趣,所以我會看的。

bonnie said...

Pascale~
I wish the studio would somehow feel like the little shop in "You've got mail", so warm and friendly!!
It sounds a bit corny, but when Meg Ryan was waiting for Tom Hanks with the rose and the book in the little cafe, I went awe...., she's one of the few poeple left who believed in old fashioned romance :)

bonnie said...

Josephine~
我相信你會十分喜歡這部戲,因除了朋友間的友誼,內容還包括女主角尋回自已的存在價值:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails