Friday, July 25, 2008

Clover





Four Leaf Clover


Aside from the Camellia, the Clover is another favorite motif at Pastel b. cards. The four-leaflet clover is a variation of the common three-leaf clover. According to superstition, four-leaf clovers bring good luck to those who find them. The rarity of the four-leaf variety probably explains it, because approximately only 1 in every 10,000 clovers has the four-leaflet form.

According to legend, each leaf of the clover is symbolic: the first is for hope, the second is for faith, the third is for love, and the fourth is for luck. Legend has it that if a lady hangs a four-leaf clover on her door, the next man to who comes in will become her husband. Believe it or not....
I have chosen the Clover as Gift Card motif coz I want the gifts to carry the connotation of the clover, which will bring hope, faith, love and luck to the giver and receiver alike.

4 comments:

pascale said...

clover! what a good choice! :D

Goodness me...I really need to hurry up and upload the cards you sent me ages ago...
Thousand apologies for that.

bonnie said...

I am trying to come up with more floral motifs, yeah, clover is another favorite.

As for uploading, you had a lot on your hands since then ma!! :D

pascale said...

thanks for being so patient with me :)

By the way, I saw that they sell a pot full of flourishing 4 leaf clovers at MUJI the other day.
It looked quite amazing.

bonnie said...

Wow, wonder if there will be some here, got to check it out. Thanks :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails