Thursday, August 7, 2008

Carnation

I love fresh bouquets of flowers in the house, mostly because of the fragrance and how it brightens the room.

Ever since Kobe's passing, I have been getting little stems of flowers to put beside his urn as remembrance of my beloved yorkie.

There is a flower stall in an alley down the blcok, where an old man has been there forever, selling flowers and small gold fish. Mostly, I would get small carnations for Kobe, coz the stall carries the nicest pale yellow carnations. The owner is a really nice grandpa and he would remind me every time not to put too much water, as the stems will rot and the flowers won't last that long. I would tell him that I remember his advice very well, and the flowers could last for almost 10 days.

I have been racking my brains for a new floral motif for Pastel b. One night, I looked up the meaning of carnations. I discovered that carnations were known as "Jove's Flower" in ancient Rome as a tribute to beloved god. Carnation has the meaning of 'admiration', 'love', and 'gratitude'.

Today, carnations has become the flowers of choice for Mother's Day. Knowing the meaning now, the carnation is a really perfect tribute to Kobe, whom I admire for his personality, taught me the meaning of unconditional love, and grateful for his companionship.

The challenge now is how to best represent it on Pastel b. cards.

2 comments:

pascale said...

I love your photos :D
they are beautiful!

bonnie said...

Thanks :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails