Sunday, May 31, 2009

Josh Hartnett

Josh Hartnett


Josh Hartnett in Armani Beauty's Perfume Ad

I just finished watching Black Hawk Down on tv. I was never into war movies because of the gore. The tv station kept advertising the film on prime time and a familiar face came up in one of the war scenes.

I knew he acted in Pearl Harbor, but his name kept eluding me. It's on the tip of my tongue, but I just could not recall it. I just remembered that I liked his character more than Ben Affleck in Pearl Harbor. Out of the blue, while watching some commercial after dinner, his name popped up, Josh Hartnett.

I looked up his biography. Aside from acting, he is also featured in ads. His most recent one being the first male spokesperson for Armani Beauty. It's a perfume by Emporio Armani, "Diamond". Well, he was voted the sexiest male for many years, so it's not a surprising choice.

I have only seen 2 of his films, Pearl Harbor and Black Hawk Down, but I really like his portrayals. What strikes me though, is the similarity in roles he's been casted. You can switch his character in both films and you will see the same guy. He will be the more sentimental, idealistic and intellectual guy, basically the good guy.

As an actor, being stereotyped is supposed to be a bad thing because the roles lack versatility, but Josh Hartnett is such a believable good guy. I guess it's the earnestness in his eyes, but I like him being the good guy and he is a very good looking one I might add.

(Photos : www.flickr.com & www.finchsaquarterly.com)

3 comments:

pascale said...

True, a good looking guy, tough for a reason but has that soft romantically humane-self...

bonnie said...

I read more about him and it's said that all the actors/actresses who have worked with him says he is a super nice guy. :)

Carolyna said...

Nice post and nice pic

Related Posts with Thumbnails