Friday, September 12, 2008

9/11


Today ( US time ) is 9/11. I could still remember watching the TV coverage 7 years ago. I thought I was watching a Die Hard movie rerun or some macho movie of that genre.

When I realized that it's real, I stood rooted on the spot and was stunned and speechless. The subsequent news coverage and mass casualities were painful, sad, and heartbreaking.

There was a study I read about that said, if a trauma was significant enough, you'd remember every detail of the day. The study was on what people remembered on the day that President Kennedy was assassinated. People could remember where they were, what they were doing and other minute details prior to and after the occurence.

To me, 9/11 has the same effect. I could vividly recall which spot I stood rooted to, staring at the TV screen. I could still remember the tears flowing when the names were read by the loved ones at the memorial ceremonies over the years.

There are some things you'd remember for life, and 9/11 is innocent lives taken and bravery honored.
(image Wikipedia)

3 comments:

pascale said...

the terrible day...I remember it too...
it's so terrible that it's sickening.

bonnie said...

I think it's a real dilemma of remembering and honoring those who lost their lives and loved ones that day, thereby reliving those painful moments, or let it just become another day on the calendar...
That day 7 years ago, is terrible...

pascale said...

I am sure the tragic scene we all saw on the tv is burnt in our eyes and we can always remember whenever mentioned. And then those who have actually lived through it and lost their loved ones must be so crushing they don't even want to be reminded...

Some say it's the modern world's version of a natural diaster. What has this world come to that result of hatred becomes a natural diaster.

Related Posts with Thumbnails