Sunday, September 7, 2008

What to name Fish?


A friend's younger son has finally got 2 pet fish of his own. With ownership of 2 cool goldfish comes big responsibility, that of naming them. The little boy is 10 years old, and my first thought was that he would name them after some cartoon hero. That's what I named mine when I was young. Guess I skipped a whole generation of evolution.

One of the fish is called Michael Phelps and the other is called Obama. Okay, not Obama directly, but Mr. President...The little boy told me that this is his 3rd Obama fish, the two previous fish had mysteriously gone belly up.
He is mighty worried what will happen to Obama III. So, I asked him what he'd do if this fish went belly up also. He thought for a while and said, "Maybe I wouldn't call the next one Mr. President anymore, maybe just Obama."

How's that for wisdom?

2 comments:

pascale said...

Good one. sometimes I wonder if kids are more stmarter than we are.

bonnie said...

I think kids are a lot wiser in many ways :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails