Monday, March 9, 2009

Joanna



I attended Joanna Wang's concert on Saturday night. It was wonderful. The concert's theme is "The Adult Storybook" and it's organized into 6 "chapters". I loved the chapters on "Reminiscence" and "Love", with a lot of oldies plus her own compositions.

Although Joanna is only 20, her repertoire of songs is beyond her age. She has rearranged and sang songs like "Aubrey" by Bread, "Vincent", and "True" by Spandau Ballet. She is also a talented songwriter and the songs she has composed have become hits.

When I first heard her voice, I thought she is a black lady or another Norah Jones, coz her voice is so blues, jazzy and soulful. When I found out that she is an ABC, I was overwhelmed. She has this groove. Anyone into jazz should look her up on youtube or better yet, get her album. She is a real talent and what's rarer, she is only 20 and has a long way to go. I had a great time at the concert and it really made my weekend extra special.

2 comments:

pascale said...

Oh wow, you go to lots of concerts these days. All god ones too!
Will check her out, thanks!

bonnie said...

You'd be definitely surprised by her voice, doesn't match the appearance and age. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails